There are some changes afoot in the VIX trading space with the launch of the VIX ETFs VXUP and VXDN. Even if you don’t trade those specific products, they might be having a knock-on effect on VIX futures, which would impact all other VIX ETF/ETNs like VXX and XIV. There is a subset of our readership that trades VIX products, and so below I link to six posts from bloggers in our Mashup that hint at this potential impact of VXUP and VXDN.
- Did Accushares Create a Product That is Linearizing the VIX Futures Term Structure? [Six Figure Investing]
- The Relation Between VXUP And The VIX Futures [Eli Mintz]
- The Fatal Flaws of VXUP and VXDN [Trading Volatility]
- Near Real Time Indicative Value and Tracking Information on Accushares’ VXUP and VXDN [Six Figure Investing]
- Eleven Things You Should Know About AccuShares’ New VIX Up and VIX Down [Six Figure Investing]
- Details on New VIX ETFs: How VXUP and VXDN Work [Trading Volatility]