- What are the criteria for being featured on the Quant Mashup?
- Where can I get a snazzy Quantocracy badge for my website?
- Who are you?
What are the criteria for being featured on the Quant Mashup?
The links that make it onto our Mashup must meet three requirements:
- They must be quantitative in nature. They might be entirely overfit and destined for out-of-sample failure, but an attempt must be made to reach a conclusion empirically.
- They must be reproducible. Showing the backtested results of your super secret black box doesn’t help anyone. I don’t require that bloggers provide code or even very specific rules, but I do require that a reader would have a reasonable chance of reproducing the results.
- They must be current. I almost never include links not posted within the last 48 hours. Quantocracy isn’t about me doing research on your behalf and pulling out links from years gone by. That would mean this site represented my voice. Quantocracy is about showing you everything new and interesting and letting you choose what speaks to you, so that this site represents all of our voices.
Importantly, note that inclusion in the mashup doesn’t necessarily mean that I endorse a link. To the contrary, I sometimes disagree with links you’ll find here, but I still include them because (a) I’m not the end-all-be-all judge of quality, and (b) at the very least, I hope that they’ll generate ideas and drive this collective discussion forward.
Have a site or link you’d like featured on Quantocracy? Please contact us.
Where can I get a snazzy Quantocracy badge for my website?
First off, a big mahalo. Quantocracy is a community effort, and we rely on folks like you to spread the good word. It’s an honor to have a bit of your site’s real estate dedicated to our humble community.
You’ll find our badges in two sizes below. The smaller one is 130×130 pixels, more or less the same size as the popular Seeking Alpha badge, and the second is 180×180, for those who wish to show us a bit more love. Both are on a transparent background, so they should play well with most themes. Please link badges to https://quantocracy.com.