The best quant mashup links for the two weeks ending Saturday, 05/07 as voted by our readers:
- Get Rich Slowly [Financial Hacker]
- Backtesting Strategies with R (h/t Algotrading Reddit) [Tim Trice]
- Quantopian Paper About In vs Out-of-Sample Performance of Trading Algorithms [Quantpedia]
- The Impact of Index Investing [Philosophical Economics]
- Block Bootstrapped Monte Carlo – in R [Open Source Quant]
- Introducing fidlr: FInancial Data LoadeR [R Trader]
- Applied Predictive Modeling [Amazon]
- Statistically Sound Machine Learning for Algorithmic Trading [Amazon]
- Elements of Statistical Learning [Amazon]
- Intro to Statistical Learning with Applications in R [Amazon]
- Machine Learning with R [Amazon]
* * *Your votes matter to the quant community.
The graph to the right shows the average number of clickthroughs a link receives from our website (excluding RSS, Twitter and Stocktwits), broken out by the number of votes cast by our readers.
A core goal of Quantocracy is to have a positive impact on our corner of the financial world by rewarding the best work, and encouraging the best minds to keep writing.
As the graph makes clear, the citizens of Quantocracy are doing just that (way to go guys). Links with 11 or more votes receive nearly 6-times as many clickthroughs as a link with no votes (wow).
If you haven’t done so already, we invite you to register to vote and be a part of the effort. Your votes matter to the quant community.
Read on Readers!
Mike @ Quantocracy